Remapping the Q60, repotting the Jade

Today was too hot to sit inside, and I was too fried to bike to the office, so I setup on the balcony.

Balcony workstation: MacBook Pro, MOFT Z stand, Q60 keyboard, etc.
Balcony workstation: MacBook Pro, MOFT Z stand, Q60 keyboard, etc.

The setup: MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro resting atop a MOFT Z Invisible Thin Sit-Stand Desk to bring it up to eye level. Keychron Q60 Max keyboard (the only wireless HHKB layout board I have); Gateron Jupiter Banana switches (59±10 gf tactile switches with 2.0±0.6 mm pretravel, 3.4 mm max total travel, with a “crisp bump, tactile bump at top” feel; they’re not my endgame switch, but I quite like them, especially in this keyboard). Logitech M585 Wireless Mouse, Graphite. Desk pad. Sukadar Portable Clip on Fan, 10000mAh Rechargeable Battery Operated (really like this fan!). Zendure SuperTank Pro (which appears to be discontinued; not a fan of how Zendure handled a warranty claim, so, whatever...) Sport-Brella Versa-Brella SPF 50+ Adjustable Umbrella with Universal Clamp. The combination makes for a very cozy, cool, breezy, productive workspace. Huzzah. The dogs liked hanging out outside, too. Win.

The only thing that wasn’t ideal, the Q60 had  where  should be, and it was driving me nuts. I hooked it up to my MacBook Pro M1 via a USB-C to USB-C cable and it wasn’t recognized by the VIA online tool, desktop tool, or Keychron’s online tool. It wasn’t even picked up for typing. Sigh. I moved it over to my Core i9 MacBook Pro, using a USB-A to USB-C cable hanging off my Dell monitor’s built-in hub, and was able to use Keychron’s online tool to remap it to be pretty close to my Tokyo 60s. Muscle memory is a bitch. Anyway, once remapped, it’s a good - maybe great - keyboard.

Jade plant in coffee mug next to its new home
Jade plant in coffee mug next to its new home

Then, the jade plant, that started off in an old reconstructed coffee mug about three years ago. It has outgrown the mug. During my recent IKEA trip, I picked up a KLARBĂ„R pot to re-home it. I still had about half a bag of The Succulent Cult’s Organic Potting Soil, Succulent & Cactus Soil Mix, so, now the jade is in its new home, and I’m on the hunt for another plant to take over the coffee mug.

The jade pulled from the coffee mug...
Pulled from the coffee mug...

... with an artistic effect ...
... with an artistic effect ...

In its new home.
In its new home.

Comments