Rehearsal rig
To avoid lugging around my gargantuan FM3 setup (and cram it into a tight rehearsal space), I setup my NUX MG-300 MK II with some appropriate presets, added wireless with the B-5RC kit, and proceeded to hook it up to my 50 watt Marshall G50RCD combo amp, via the FX RETURN input (to avoid additional coloration, etc., from the pre-amp). Problem: Now I have no volume control, except the one on the guitar itself. I’m also not wild about constantly connecting/disconnecting the DC input on the back of the NUX (those 5521 barrel connectors wear out and/or break off, AMHIK.) So, being me, I decided to build up a small pedal board for this setup.
Asked ChatGPT¹ to find me a reasonably sized board that would accommodate the NUX and a Duncan DVP1 pedal, which is ... large. 12+" deep. Ghost Fire STANDARD 1.0 seems like it will fit the bill, and I like that it comes with a carrying case and some hook and loop tape, etc. (though I still have a bunch of this Velcro left over). Needed a patch cable, of course. For a power supply, I need at least one 9V⎓300mA output for the NUX, and a USB port to hook up the charger for the NUX wireless kit. I also wanted an IEC input as they’re durable and ubiquitous. Warwick Rockboard Power Block V6 IEC meets all of those needs and has room to grow if this setup changes.
All of this being built around a Used - Great Dunlop DVP1 passive volume pedal (Guitar Center find, it’s up in Santa Maria and I’m taking the dogs to Hendry’s Beach and seeing friends up there anyway, so...)
_____
¹ Prompt: “find me a pedal board (ideally on amazon) that is deep enough for a Dunlop DVP1, wide enough for the Dunlop and the MG-300 MK II (but not too wide), and has a place underneath for a power supply”
Comments
Post a Comment