Flight bag upgrades

$150 off an iPad mini 6 on sale at Amazon finally convinced me to upgrade from the iPad mini 4 I’ve been dragging between rental planes (with its slightly cracked screen and outdated operating system - iPadOS 16, released in 2023, left it behind). Since it would now be USB C instead of Lightning, and since my old charging setup was woefully inadequate (10,000 mAh and 10W total output power), it was time to just sort of refresh things. Flight bag, 2020 edition, now:

 

Test run, charging and using the iPad mini 6 and Stratus 2S from the SHARGEEK 140
Test run, charging and using the iPad mini 6 and Stratus 2S from the SHARGEEK 140

Charging and using both the iPad mini 6 (USB C connection) and the Stratus 2S (USB A connection) from the SHARGEEK 140 confirms what I expected, this power pack is more than adequate to provide the ~23 W of power needed, and should provide enough power for at least a flight back to SoCal from Las Vegas, even if the plane doesn’t have a worknig 12V outlet. I think I’m good.

Comments