Updating and learning the MG-300 MK II


Updated the NUX MG-300 MK II to Firmware 3.0.0 Gen2 (scroll down on the NUX page).

Also installed NUX Quick Tone V2.6.7.16 (macOS) (ditto), and setup a couple of presets. (An aside: I need to look into “scenes” more. Watching this video, it seems like navigating between scenes and presets would be clunky, but there must be some reason to use them...?) Playing with my first NAM A2 capture and this board, specifically, this Marshall JCM 900. Before a NAM capture can be assigned to an amp block, you have to import it into one of the 10 dedicated slots, using this button on the top of the QuickTone app’s window:


Still learning my way around, but suddenly glad I decided to keep this thing (and sell the MG-101, even if I did only get a few bucks for it).

Added a B-5RC receiver/transmitter pair to use with this board at rehearsals. (I was eyeing used Line 6 POD Go Wireless units, which bundle a receiver and G10TII transmitter, but if I’m also going to be picking up the bass for some songs ...)

I’m going to restring the MH-100 back to 1046s and just live with the thrashed truss rod nut for now. :/

Comments