Tech Accessory Pack Redux


Tech Pouch, loaded
Tech Pouch, loaded
The quest for a perfect day trip setup continues. Enter the Peak Design Tech Pouch V2. A bit pricier, and a different form factor (not a clamshell), than the ProCase Hard Travel Electronic Organizer Case I’ve been using for about 9 months, for trips to the Disneyland Resort (and Knott’s Berry Farm, and Mammoth, and ...). 

The ProCase was mostly fine. The zipper for the small mesh pocket broke early on, but other than that, it’s done the job. But now that I’m going to be bringing larger, 60+ watt output battery packs on many outings, that rigid pack just didn’t quite cut it.

My only question is the form factor. I’ll be going through the Mouse’s security perimeter several times in the next few days, will see how it fares there. (Security loved the ProCase clamshell; I just opened it up, flipped the internal divider over, and they waved me through.)

ProCase and Tech Pouch V2 next to each other
ProCase and Tech Pouch V2 next to each other
The Tech Pouch has almost exactly the same exterior dimensions, but is just a touch thicker and has soft sides. I think that’ll work better in my backpack. Internally, I managed to store everything I’ve been carrying, with a tweak:

 And there are still places I haven’t put things (like, a large, flat, zippered outside pocket).

Comments