Saved.

A few days ago, I noticed my trusty U2311Hb monitor flicker a couple of times. Barely noticeable. But I learned my lesson when my ancient 2007WFP died. I immediately ordered a “grade A” used U2417H. (Which, I know now, means an “Ultrasharp” monitor, 24", from 2017, with a full high definition display). I like the Dell U-series monitors. They’re antiglare, IPS, work well (for a decade or so at least), and can be found cheap - and I’m a cheap bastard. Anyway. It arrived today ahead of schedule - just in time for the 2311 to do that thing where the screen works perfectly for about 2 seconds then goes completely dark. Swapped in the new screen, ran an HDMI cable to replace the DVI cable, and now, back to work... (This one has a USB 3.0 hub built in; need to get a 3.0 A-B cable.)

Comments