Hosting down. Troubleshooting car.

I haven’t had great luck with ancillary hosting. (Hosting. Deadpooled.) Now my “main” host seems to be offline. Not only is my server (a VMware instance that’s been handling my mail and other services since 2008 or so) offline, but I can’t connect to the vSphere management interface. Meh. Support doesn’t answer. Time to move.

I have backups, but what a PITA. Years of accumulated cruft on a CentOS 6 base. So far I have DNS migrated (including the servers registered with the registrars), IMAP and Postfix configured, etc.

Meanwhile, I picked up a cheap INPA setup I’m hoping will give me some insight into my aging Bimmer (I’ve gotten a couple of intermittent P0128 codes recently - clearly erroneous, as the temperature gauge, ODB2 info on my stereo, and hot air blowing out of the heater, all clearly demonstrate - and the other day I got a red alternator warning light that eventually went out by itself and hasn’t reappeared, but now I’m wondering what’s up...).

2021.04.21 1736Z: Postfix started receiving mail yesterday, but an obscure IMAP configuration issue meant I couldn’t retrieve any until just now. Added the “inbox = yes” parameter, restarted dovecot, and the floodgates are open. About 170 new messages overnight. Sigh.


Comments