OWC Mount Pro 2.5" Drive Sled for 2009-2012 Apple Mac Pro

I elected to go the cheaper, fast-enough-for-now route with my Big Sur volume in my mid-2010 Mac Pro. I mounted the 2.5" SSD to an OWC Mount Pro Drive Sled ($15) instead of taking up my last free PCIe slot with another Accelsior S card. I may revisit that decision at some point, but for right now it’s not a priority. The fit and finish appear to be spot on, and the whole process was painless. In the box are the sled itself and four small screws to mount the SSD to the sled; the sled itself slides into place just like the OEM 3.5" units. Super easy, and I feel a lot better with the drive mounted, vs. hanging from the SATA connector (which worked very temporarily - SSDs are very light weight - but obviously wasn’t a durable solution).




Comments