Dog Food Advisor

 A follow up from my earlier post on dog food. A lot of folks seem to read Dog Food Advisor to get a summary and score for foods they’re contemplating buying for their pups. That may not be the best idea:

Just some food for thought (no pun intended).

My Labrador switched to Royal Canin Labrador Adult in September, and continues to wolf it down and thrive on the food (here finishing breakfast from the slow feeder bowl (QT Dog Brake-Fast Non-Skid Stainless Steel Dog & Cat Bowl, 5-cup - recommended!) we had waiting for us in St. Louis, for a recent holiday trip). He’s reached an adult weight of 72 lbs and stabilized there, and is incredibly active and athletic, with a great coat. So far, so very, very good.

My street stray rescue mutt continues to thrive on Purina Pro Plan Bright Mind, the new packaging of which identifies it as a “senior” food (previously it just said “7+”). I mean, she is a senior, but I didn’t need to be reminded of that, necessarily. 😒 (Though she doesn’t know she’s a senior, and I expect I have a long time left with her...)

Comments