Rescuing domain names

I’ve had several domain names with weblaunching.net for what seems like eons. Now, though, their website admin isn’t working and calls / emails to their support team go unanswered. Yikes. (Though, amusingly, I’m still getting renewal reminders from weblaunching.net. Sigh.)



I rescued my main domain name (registered in July 2007) through Tucows last month; now it’s time to regain control of another Tucows domain (my oldest, registered in August of 2000), and an eNom domain (registered in August 2010).

It’s always something.

Tucows/OpenSRS

Start with the Compliance Contact Form. I used “Other” as the issue, and the summary read:

[my domain name] expires in 4 days, and weblaunching.net's website has been "down for maintenance" since at least early July (if not longer). I have emailed support@weblaunching.net and received no response. I called 877 686 2579 and hit '*' for support and it went to what seemed to be a voicemail box with no outgoing message. I've left messages there and on the main line, no response. In July, you assisted me with the same situation with my [my other tucows domain name] domain (request 999999), and you sent me a password reset link, an auth code, and I was able to move that domain over to Hover. I need to do the same here. Thanks!
They say: “We will do our best to respond to your request within 3-5 business days.” But at least before, I submitted the request on July 9th and got a response the same day.

Update: They responded same day and sent a link to do a password reset, along with an “auth-code.” I was able to reset the password and access the OpenSRS records for the domain name:




So far so good. I already had a Hover account from when I rescued my main domain, so I just logged into that and went to transfer a domain.

The domain was unlocked, so adding it to the cart was easy. Ultimately, I was presented with a demand for the authorization code:


Which I was able to find under Domain Extras on the OpenSRS interface:


Paid the $14 and that task is done. I can now manage the domain name again, and it’s been transferred to Hover.

eNom



Once logged in, click the link to the Help Center on the right side of the management interface.

Then, click the button for the Support Center, and, at the top of the page, Submit a Request. (After I sussed this out for myself, I found this article, which confirmed I’m on the right path: https://help.enom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001715152-How-to-submit-a-verified-support-request.)

Issue: Support Request
Subject: Unresponsive Reseller
[my domain name] expires in a couple of weeks, and weblaunching.net's website has been "down for maintenance" since at least early July (if not longer). I have emailed support@weblaunching.net (July 8, 2019 at 2:14:51 PM PDT) and received no response. I called 877 686 2579 and hit '*' for support and it went to what seemed to be a voicemail box with no outgoing message. I've left messages there and on the main line, no response (also on July 8, 2019). I've attached a scan of my driver's license,  along with recent correspondence from weblaunching.net concerning [my domain name].

Comments

  1. I found myself in this same situation (domain registered at Weblaunching and about to expire) and this post helped me rescue it so I could renew it at a different registrar.

    Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used weblaunching.net as well, they went down, took my domain name with them, and authorize.net takes $10 a month out of my bank account. Can anyone suggest a way to stop this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start initiating chargebacks with your bank, that'll get their attention immediately.

      Delete

Post a Comment