Nflightcam support rocks!

I use the Nflightcam Aircraft Audio/Power Cable for GoPro Hero cable to hook my GoPro Hero 3+ Black into aircraft comms; captures the intercom (passengers) as well as ATC transmissions. I’ve been beating up the same cable for months, tossing it into a variety of different configurations and airplanes. Lately, I’ve started intermittently getting some distorted audio in my recordings[1][2]. I contacted Nflightcam support and Patrick confirmed it was “a wear issue on the GoPro’s female USB port or the cable’s male port.” They sent me a new replacement cable, gratis, and I can confirm the replacement cable completely fixed the problem. Will definitely buy from them again. $35+ is kind of a lot for this (admittedly speciality) cable - especially when I used to work at Best Buy, where our employee discount was 5% over store cost, and I could see what, e.g., those $39.99 cables actually cost (<$2 usually). But with service like that, doesn’t sting quite so bad. :)

Comments

  1. I had this exact same problem with my Nflightcam GoPro cable. However, my coworker had a brand new GoPro and the cable with that camera still exhibited the behavior, so it was easily traceable to the cable and not the camera USB port. Nflightcam also replaced my cable for no cost. I'm a little worried that his is going to happen again at a once/year rate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment