Stylus

Just a quick note to give a shout-out where it’s due. I've been flying with the Lunatik Touch Pen Alloy ($20) (2021 update: Amazon link, $15) lately, and it's a godsend. As a stylus, it’s just firm enough to be usable to, e.g., annotate charts / use the ForeFlight scratch pad en route; as a pen, once the abominable ink cartridge it comes with is discarded and a CROSS 8521 ($7 for a 2-pack at Office Depot; $6.23 on Amazon) refill swapped in in its place, it writes like a dream. I liked my “flight bag” one so much, I got another to keep in my briefcase to take with me to/from the office. No caps to lose, no awkward writing position with the stylus tip at the ‘clip’ end of the pen (the pen tip extends and retracts through the stylus, but unlike those cheap disposable promo pens, the stylus on this pen is firm and very usable).

Comments