Cockpit Updates

Not a lot to mention. I sold my XGPS150A, and picked up a used Stratus 1. It’s nice having traffic and weather in ForeFlight:



(Yeah, potentially could have built something roughly equivalent in a Stratux, but I like having a known-quantity all-in-one solution for not substantially more money. I love open source, but I'm not sure I want to rely on volunteer code when aviating.)

Other than that, just flying. Started IFR training (back at DuBois, who continue to impress). I’ve also been fortunate enough to clock a number of hours (including some actual IMC time, both hand-flying and under autopilot) in a friendly Cirrus SR22 (Avidyne Ex5000 glass cockpit):



Love flying that plane. 150kts at ~12 gph, and (contrary to what I’ve heard from others), it’s the easiest plane I’ve ever landed. Or maybe I’m just a better pilot than I was before. Either way. after my first three landings, I’ve greased it in every time.

Meanwhile, Proteus has a nifty new simulator, but, alas, it’s running on Windows, so, y’know...




Comments