MyFlightbook

Finally getting into the 20th century and setting up an electronic flight log. Still going to keep my old school paper ASA-SP-30 (circa 1993) pilot log, because two is one, one is none. But having the information input electronically is useful too. And what kind of flying geek would I be if I didn't have a digital version of my logbook? Exactly.


So I'm using MyFlightbook.com and their iPad/iPhone apps, but inputting ~18 years of flight records using their interface (web or app) was going to be too tedious. Fortunately, they have a CSV import feature. Naturally, I ‘reverse engineered’ my own Excel worksheet (based on a downloaded export of a few records I input using the app), before checking and learning that, of course, in fact, they provide their own CSV “template” and description of the columns and data they expect.


Alright, back to data entry.

Comments