Headset

Not much to say here. I started off with a used ASA-HS1, that I picked up just so I wouldn't have to use rental headsets all the time. (Originally just to avoid using those sweaty abused pieces of equipment, but especially now that my usual FBO is charging a rental fee for them!) Eventually I decided to bite the bullet and picked up a refurbished Sennheiser S-1 Passive. Cheap (about $300, a little more if you buy new - I got mine from MyPilotStore.com), iPhone interface (haven't used it yet, but it's there), so light weight I forget I'm wearing it, comms come through loud and clear... I like the auto-off feature (40+ hours of flying, haven't had to swap AA batteries yet, though of course I carry spares just in case - same type of batteries feed my main flashlight, too.)


Comments