ForeFlight licensing terms

I feel I should point out (especially since it's evidently a FAQ), ForeFlight's license terms specifically authorize use of a "main" iPad, a "backup" iPad, and use on an iPhone (and an iPod touch!), all with one annual subscription. That fits my use case perfectly; I have the iPad mini as my primary in-cockpit device (with the iPad Air 2 as a slightly more cumbersome backup while the iPad mini is hopefully being fixed), plus my iPhone 6 (always with me, too small to really be a primary device, but "two is one, one is none")... The exact language from the ForeFlight FAQ:

The 1-Pilot subscription allows you to use ForeFlight Mobile on 1-iPad, 1-iPhone, and 1-iPod Touch, simultaneously. A second iPad is allowed as a backup device (total 2-iPads). The "2-iPads" can be any mix of the iPad Mini or the full-size iPad. All devices are to be used by the same pilot.
I would have just swapped my subscription between my iPads depending on which I was predominantly flying with (I expect it will always be the mini, but I have a yoke mount for the Air 2 too and have flown with it - the larger, Retina screen is nice, even if the size is a bit awkward in a small cockpit).

But it's nice I don't have to. Bravo Zulu, ForeFlight! :)

Comments