About me

I suppose I should start with a little about myself...


I've been flying (Cessna 172s; Piper Cherokee 140, 161, 181s; SportCruisers) since the mid-1990s. I've been a Linux geek since around the same time (I use OS X now as it's an awesome blend of UNIX goodness and a usable desktop environment, complete with Office, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop...), and I'm an Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer (and an attorney, and...)

As a Kool-Aid Drinker™, I've bought into the whole Apple ecosystem; iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV... So that's what I use in the cockpit.

Most recently, I got back into flying through DuBois Aviation at Chino Airport (KCNO), an operation I can't recommend highly enough. (I drive out from the west side of Los Angeles, which says it all I think). I've also had great experiences with Santa Monica Flyers at Santa Monica Municipal Airport (KSMO) (they predominantly fly the light sport Czech SportCruisers, which sip fuel and handle like a videogame), along with Proteus (who inherited my favorite Archer III, N253FD, from Justice).
N253FD Cockpit (dual 430 GPSes, air conditioning, etc., but only a ~530lbs usable load because of it all!)
N5800U cockpit, my favorite PA28-140 in the DuBois fleet

N107BK, might be my favorite SportCruiser to date (I find I prefer the steam gauges) 
N1111X, a glass cockpit SportCruiser. Looks cool. Only SportCruiser at Santa Monica Flyers with a NAV radio (for VOR use). Looks cool. In my experience, requires a little more attention than the sweep-glance of a six pack of steam gauges. Should probably get used to it, though, since EFIs seem to be the future...

Comments