Hart Audio Cables

The Audeze MM-100 comes with only a “2.5m (8.2ft) Single ended 3.5mm TRS to 1/4" TRS” cable (seen here). There are various ways to set it up to run balanced (detailed in this video), including, e.g., something like this $113 Fostex ET-RPXLR OFC Balanced Cable for T60RP Studio Headphones, XLR Connector (after apparently partially frying my Magnius amp by disconnecting a 4.4 mm cable from an XLR4 adapter while the amp was powered on, I’m leery of the multi-part options Zadius Tech links to). But the Hart Audio Cables modular system seems to be the most elegant and flexible, and not too dear. I’ve started with:

Hart HC-2 cable and interconnect Multi-Kit with Hard Case
Hart HC-2 cable and interconnect Multi-Kit with Hard Case

Assuming the cables are as high quality as I’ve been told, I’ll migrate away from the $20 generic cables from Amazon to:

All in, I’m looking at about a $200 total investment (including shipping) to connect everything I currently have, with a lot less clutter than keeping multiple cables around (like, right now, I have a 2.5 mm balanced cable, a 3.5 mm single ended cable, and a 4.4 mm balanced cable, for the Sennheisers, plus the 4.4 mm XLR4 adapter ...)

Schiit service received it on the 11th, and after I prodded them yesterday, today says “[y]our Magnius is in the final stages of testing” Update: They shipped it August 6th, after replacing the “left channel amplifier IC.”

Comments