Slim laptop tote - the search continues

I’ve been using a tomtoc Protective Laptop Shoulder Bag ($41 when I bought it, $48 now but with a 10% coupon as I type this) to tote my MacBook Air M2 13.6", and it’s ... fine ... But a tight squeeze with a bare minimum of accessories:

It all fit, but there was no room for anything else. 

On a lark, I picked up the tomtoc 360 Protective Laptop Shoulder Bag, which says it will fit the 14" MacBook Pro and the 13" MacBook Air (there’s also a 16" version) - and truth, the 13.6" Air is a little loose in its padded, corners-protected compartment (I’m used to my tomtoc stuff being reassuringly snug).

I got mine “Used - Like New” for like $37, and it was legit new, tags still attached.

It’s slightly bigger than the other tomtoc bag, and the outside compartment extends the full height of the bag unlike the other one, so everything fits much more easily. There’s also a slot for an iPad, but it doesn’t have any real protection, and with the bag loaded up with my accessories, my old Pro 9.7 in its ZAGG Rugged Book Pro protective case (which I love, but which is chonky), does not squeeze in. Without the battery pack, or with a thinner pack (like maybe the Anker 537 Power Bank / PowerCore 24K, which is only like 1/2 the capacity but should be enough for an all day trip, and is 3/4" thinner and a pound lighter), it might work.

Stock photo of the tomtoc 360 Protective Laptop Shoulder Bag
Stock photo of the tomtoc 360 Protective Laptop Shoulder Bag

 

Comments