Bicycle Commute Upgrades (& moar skin care)

Updating and enhancing my existing commuter kit.

Swapped the Bose Tempo Frames to adaptive lenses. Success. Make the trip home right at sunset multiple times now and there’s no perceptible difference between the glasses and “naked” eyes.

ROCKBROS Bike Pants Strap Cycling Reflective Ankle Bands Adjustable Pant Leg Straps for Biking to keep my jeans out of the chain (etc), vs. french rolling.

Replacing the Power Grip Straps on my Power Grips High Performance Pre-Assembled Strap/Pedal Kit. (One of my straps is in really poor shape.)

Adding a NiteRider Solas 100 Lumens USB Rechargeable Bike Tail Light that I’ll clip to my backpack or whatever bag I’ve got slung, in addition to the 1W Mars 4.0 mounted on my seat post. I want additional visibility and something I can recharge at the office if I find myself stuck with dead batteries. (Which, I should also swap the existing rear light to USB rechargeable AAAs.)

Swapping my phone holder to a Lamicall Motorcycle Phone Mount Holder - [Dual Vibration Dampener] [Anti Shake]. The cheap plasticky rubber-bandy mount I have now doesn’t fill me with confidence, and the tension from the rubber bands is always shifting the phone so the side clamps are activating, e.g., the volume down button. Also, I don’t know if the vibrations I subject the phone to on the handlebars is problematic, but it could be  (Exposure to vibrations ... might impact iPhone cameras), so why not?

Lamicall Phone Mount
Lamicall Phone Mount

Bike commuting necessarily increases my skin’s exposure to the elements, so I’m trying out the La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer (with 30 SPF sunscreen). I like the Versed Guards Up well enough, but this comes highly recommended, and it will let me skip a step (separate moisturizer) in my morning routine. Also on a friend’s recommendation, I’m giving Sunday Riley Auto Correct Eye Cream a spin.

Comments