Kailh Box Royal

These just shipped. Should have them by the end of the week. Looking forward to seeing what’s what. From my brief experience with a keyswitch tester, I wasn’t sure I’d like them, and the Burnt Orange felt better. But those weren’t awesome. So, going to hot-swap to
Kailh Box Royal switches. People seem to like them:
  • The Kailh Box Royals are what I was expecting from a "tactile switch". (pol-delta)
  • Box Royals are the fucking GOAT (Past-Chest-6507)
    • They really are. Best tactile switch straight out of the box besides Zealios. (jrau)
  • these switches are something that I enjoy quite a lot. Very tactile :) (WindmillArtGuy)
  • I use Box Navy and Jades Just got a board of Kailh Box Royal and they are fantastic. Have the tactility and the resistance that us box Navy folks love 😀 (abdulqadirali)
  • Box Royals were just... alright. i found the dropoff way too sharp. the tactility was barely there. (hammerbrotha)
  • I love Box Royals, almost close to Zealios crossed with Box Navy! (BigHatNoSaddle)
  • I swapped out blueberries for royals and am much happier (commodorepickle)
So, I think I’m gonna like ’em. Film at 11.

Update: The switches arrived two days ahead of schedule. Swapped in the Box Royal switches and typing on them now. They’re a bit louder than the Burnt Orange switches (not clicky, but, thoccy) and feel a lot more crisp. My typing on them is significantly more accurate than on the Orange. Actuation and the tactile bump are both right at the top of travel, which takes a bit of getting used to. The force required is, I’d say, medium. So far, I like the change.

Comments