Apple IIgs Redux

I brought my ROM 3 IIgs back from St. Louis after the holidays. It was a bit more yellowed than I remembered (especially the space bar on the keyboard). Installed was a C.V. Tech 4MB RAM card (populated with 1MB) and a V-Tech UDC card, and an intact (phew!) battery.



I left those cards in St. Louis, and moved everything from my ROM1 machine to this ROM3. So far it's equipped with:




The only other thing I could see myself adding to this box would be an accelerator, and maybe a Wombat ADB/USB bridge, to use a more modern keyboard / mouse combo. (I love the GS-era stuff, but also kind of want to preserve it, if that makes sense?)

I have the Uthernet talking to the network, and I'm able to telnet to my NAS box with an NDA Telnet client so far; next up will be using the NAS box (a Linux server) with the GS natively, using https://peterwong.net/blog/apple-iigs-network-netatalk/, probably with an assist from the work done with A2SERVER.

Comments