Samsung ML-1740 on OS X

I have an ancient Samsung ML-1740 I've had forever, but it's been gathering dust for years. Samsung dropped support for Macs after Tiger (10.4), and while I kept it going for a while with the samsung-gdi package, for some reason that stopped working a few years ago and I never bothered to figure out why. (I had by then picked up an awesome Ricoh Aficio SP 3510sf.)

Anyway, after I picked up a Canon MF632Cdw (DOA 😡), I cleaned out the carcass of the MX870 ("Code B200") and the ML-1740 to make room for the big color laser all-in-one. Last I checked the Samsung was still working, so I figured I'd see if I could get it working with a reasonably modern Mac OS X version - specifically, Yosemite, the version I have running on the black MacBook4,2 I’ve donated tothe hangar for Garmin GPS programming duties and other light work.

Set up Yosemite under VMware and found this package: SpliX Works perfectly.


Comments